CARROT CAKE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 scoop ProtoLyte® Vanilla Cake Batter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 200g carrots (approx. 2 grated)
- 2 oz prunes
- 1 oz walnuts
GREEK YOGURT CREAM CHEESE FROSTING INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup (8 oz brick) of 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup salted butter (at room temperature)
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line the base of a cake or baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the ProtoLyte® Vanilla Cake Batter, ground almonds, salt, bicarbonate soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with maple syrup and melted coconut oil, then stir in the grated carrots, prunes and walnuts. Mix in with dry ingredients bowl.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking pans and bake for 25-30 minutes (until springy to touch and golden brown on the top). Remove from the oven and place on wire rack to cool.
- Using a food processor (preferably) or electric mixer, blend cream cheese, non-fat yogurt and vanilla extract together until the mixture is very light and fluffy.
- Slowly fold in the confectioners sugar and continue whipping until the mixture is completely smooth and blended.
- Frosting is ready to be topped onto cake!