1 cake pop (recipe makes 12)- 99 cal, 7g protein, 11g carbs, 3 g fat
- 2 scoops ProtoLyte Protein
- 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c. oats
- 1/2 c. ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- 1/2 c. no-sugar-added applesauce
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/3 c. canned pumpkin
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2/3 c. granulated splenda/stevia
- 1/3 c. water
- Put flour, oats, flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, sea salt, applesauce, whites, vanilla and water in a large microwaveable-safe bowl and mix until thoroughly blended. Microwave on full power for 5-6 minutes or until “cake” is raised and fully cooked in the middle.
- Take a big fork (or a mashed potato masher works really well) and chop up the cake into a crumb-like consistency. Add pumpkin coconut oil and stevia/splenda and mix until dough is formed.
- Evenly scoop (approx one heaping tbsp) of dough into your hands and roll like a meatball until round dough balls are formed. Place on a large plate and insert the stick in the middle. Set aside and let completely cool (the fridge is best).
- Mix protein with just enough water to form a liquid paste (make sure it’s thin enough for pops to be dipped and coated, but not too thin or it won't coat). Dip the cooled pops in the protein paste and put back on sheet.
Place in fridge for at least 20 minutes to set. ENJOY!
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!